Dubstep - OH NO Dubstep - OH NO

This is pretty cool! I like the bassline and the high string drone that floats over everything.

The problem that stood out to me was combining the sample with the buildup and post-drop. You could have two distinctive time feels, one swung and one straight. In fact listening to the outro it kind of sounds like that's what you wanted. But if you're going to have that sampled vocoder thing in a straight-felt section, you need to quantize it to straight 8th notes so that my brain doesn't freak out hearing both straight and swung at the same time.

There are other things regarding mixing that I won't go into, but great job for trying something new! My first attempt at dubstep was a disaster. Quantum shit was flying everywhere.

FaunSound responds:

The outro was to a part I never finished and decided to drop because FOOK IT I'm a lazy bastard.

[S,J] Derezzed [S,J] Derezzed

very nice!

I love all the instruments you used. How did you achieve the bit-crushed wobble?

Carolina Tommorow [demo] Carolina Tommorow [demo]

very nice!

I loved it! How do you create the turntable sound at 0:45?

One minor thing is bothering me. At the beginning (0:18) the piano plays a D-natural, but the melody from 1:03 and onwards has D-flat.

Nonetheless, this sounds incredible and professional!

Rawrthaas responds:

Thanks for the review

The turntable sound is the kick through Gross Beat. You can use gross beat to modulate time, volume, and other various glitchy effects on the fly

Concerto forTuba and Orchestra Concerto forTuba and Orchestra

Very Interesting!

I like it a lot! I can tell you put a lot of thought into what instruments to choose for each melody.
I believe "bnamdar" was trying to say that the melody would sound like F minor except for those moments when the major third would be played. You also switched to a minor third somewhere around :40.
Great piece overall.

sadlersongs responds:

Ah I understand now. I it's in F minor and the key signature is F minor but every now and then I throw in some major chords to mix it up a little. Screw traditional chord progressions!

Game Remix - Donkey Kong Game Remix - Donkey Kong

Kewl Remix

If you were going for plain, simple, and retro, then congradulations!

Message to gbaplaya12: This is NOT the only remix of Donkey Kong. I've created one myself.

Inequitable Equality Inequitable Equality

Hooray for Oxymorons!

It was repeditive, but it was good repitition. Great melody and great synth/ambient instruments!

alternativesolution responds:

Thanks again!

Carefree Orange Juice Carefree Orange Juice

Interesting (especially the title =P)

This would also be good elevator music (for some strange reason I'm a fan of elevator music).

[AltS]- Find yourself [AltS]- Find yourself

Awesome!

I see you are enjoying FL Studio (w00t). Very good melody, simple yet powerful. There's a lot of clipping throughout the piece (so loud that some of the audio sounds rough or fuzzed); try lowering the volume of each channel. It should sound a lot cleaner. Other than that, great job!

alternativesolution responds:

Hey there, Celestial-Sticker! Thanks for the advice on the clipping.